Saturday, July 19, 2014

GIFTS OF SUMMER... 
You know when you go on vacation and you bring something back to all your friends and family... a shirt or some taffy... What's that all about?  Like how did that start? LOL Anyway, Chrissy, much like myself, is truly an expert gift giver.  She is always very thoughtful in her gift giving.  I have gotten some fab tokens of her beach vacations over the years including this starfish ring holder...

...and, since David kept our Spirit Shaker we had bought in OBX together, she got me my very own!  Love this guy so much. Love, love, love.

One year, she got me a Story People print from one of our favorite stores we used to go to in North Carolina... love me some story people too!

This year I got something delicious. A barrel of CONES from Doumar's! Doumar's is this carhop in Norfolk.  We became fond of it during our stay there. They have this thing called a Ringo which is really just vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and crumbled cones with whipped cream and a cherry on top. They have a strawberry version too - Strawberry Willy.  Yum-O.  The cones are made on the original waffle machine from 1904.  Story here.

No comments: